Lifestyle Blog

10.23.2017

Kylie Jenner's Lip Kit Review


You've probably already heard a million things about the Kylie Lip Kits by now, unless you've been living under a rock for the last few years. A couple of months ago I went back and forth with myself about whether or not I should (or needed to) purchase these. I'd heard great things, but I knew I could probably get a really great dupe somewhere else, so was it worth the hype? One day I just decided to bite the bullet and check them out. The kits notoriously sold out within minutes, so I was hoping there would be colors left that worked with my pale skin, and thankfully the ones I wanted were still in stock! 

I'm not a big lipgloss person, so that's another reason I was hesitant. However I was looking for something that would give me a natural looking lip, so I thought why not? I decided to get Koko K. It's a really nice baby pink color that would be the type of color I would wear everyday. I also got Candy K, which is a berry color. Definitely not something I would everyday, but it's good for special occasions, or when I'm channeling those 90's vibes. It's also apparently one of Kylie's favorites, so I mean... I had to have it. Some of my other favorites are Penelope, High Maintenance, Posie K, Khlo$, and Libra


So let's talk about the cost. Each kit is $29, and it includes a matte lipstick and lipliner in the kit. If you spend over $40 you get free shipping, so I paid about $58 for both lip kits. $29 for lipliner and a lipstick seems expensive, but if you really think about it, most lipsticks at Sephora are around $20 and lipliners can go anywhere from $6 to $24 (depending on brands) by itself - so the lip kit is on par with other products in terms of price.

Now, let's get to the quality. My first impression of the product was obviously the packaging, which I am obsessed with. It's so cute and the lips with the melting lipstick is genius (people have actually gotten these tattooed on their bodies!). The products themselves are really good quality. The lip liner is very creamy and goes on easily. Unlike some other lipliners that feel like their cutting up your lips as you put them on. The lipstick has a nice applicator and the product smells like vanilla! I've heard that some people don't like this but I'm really into it. The colors are long lasting and are almost like a stain when it dries. I much prefer these to regular lip glosses because your hair doesn't get stuck in it and get all gooped up. It lasts pretty much all day, you can eat with it on and you'll see very little fading. When I swatched them on my hand I had to use a makeup remover wipe to get it off - just wiping it with a napkin won't do.


The good thing about the lipsticks is that you don't need to use a lot to get good coverage. I use a very thin layer and it's more than enough. One thing that I do want to point out is that the colors can apply darker than how they look in the bottle, I think it depends on the color of your lips, as is usual with any lipstick. My natural lip color is a bit on the darker side, so I actually apply a bit of concealer before I put the color on and it lightens the shade. But in contrast, my cousin has lighter colored lips than I do and it looked perfect without concealer for her.

All in all, the Kylie Lip Kits are really good. Unfortunately, most of the other colors she offers are too dark for my pale Irish skin, so I don't plan on buying any more. But I'm very happy with the 2 colors that I did get. They're super pigmented, long lasting, good quality and perfect for creating Kylie Jenner-esque lips. To anyone looking for similar items for not as much $, I've heard than NYX and ColorPop are good dupes for these lip sticks.

Do you have any of Kylie's lip kits? What do you think of them?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig